Dell OptiPlex 5050 Tower Desktop Computer Intel Core i5-7500 3.2GHz Processor 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Intel HD Graphics Windows 10 Pro
Dell OptiPlex 5050 overview
Built as an expandable system with business-critical features and the ability to add additional peripherals, the OptiPlex 5050 Tower Desktop Computer from Dell offers productivity and versatility. It is powered by a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5-7500 Quad-Core processor that will allow you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the 7th-generation Kaby Lake CPU can achieve speeds up to 3.8 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 8GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM also helps the computer to run multiple applications simultaneously, as well as access frequently-used files and programs.
For long-term storage of your files, a 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3.5″ hard drive offers ample space to store your data. If you want to connect with storage drives or other peripherals, such as printers, memory card readers, optical drives, and more, the OptiPlex 5050 features six USB 3.0 Type-A ports, four USB 2.0 Type-A ports, two PS/2 ports, and one serial port. The integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 chipset delivers a sharp, clear picture while allowing for a wide range of monitors to be used via its two DisplayPort 1.2 and one HDMI 1.4 outputs. Four expansion slots, two full-height PCIe x16 slots (one wired as x16, one wired as x4) and two full-height PCIe x1 slots allow you to add peripherals such as an optional dedicated graphics card. There is also one internal M.2 slot for additional PCIe SSD storage, as well as one 2.5″ SATA drive bay.
Dell’s OptiPlex 5050 Tower Desktop Computer operates using a 240W power supply that runs using 90-264 VAC at 47-63 Hz and includes a Dell KB216 keyboard, a Dell MS116 USB mouse, and a power cord. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
- 9.5mm 8x DVD±RW Optical Drive
- The 9.5mm 8x DVD±RW allows you to read from and write to a variety of optical CD and DVD media.
- SD Card Reader
- An integrated SD card reader allows you to interface with media from your digital camera.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- The OptiPlex 5050 Tower uses an integrated Intel i219-V Gigabit Ethernet controller for Internet access when connected to a router, modem, or network switch.
- Up to 64GB RAM
- With all four 288-pin DIMM slots in use, this system supports up to 64GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 memory, or 16GB per slot.
- 6 x USB 3.0 Type-A Ports | 4 x USB 2.0 Type-A Ports
- The system features six USB 3.0 Type-A ports and four USB 2.0 Type-A ports that will allow you to connect external peripherals such as hard drives, printers, and memory card readers. At 5 Gb/s, USB 3.0 transfers data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, which operates at 480 Mb/s. USB 3.0’s high-speed transfer rate helps to significantly reduce data transfer times, meaning you spend less time waiting and more time focusing on the task at hand. One of the front USB 2.0 ports is equipped with PowerShare technology.
- Drive Bays
- Internally, there is one 3.5″ SATA drive bay, one 2.5″ SATA drive bay, and one M.2 PCIe slot.